By June 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb Zucchini (about 2 medium sized), coarsely grated
- Ground black pepper and Salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Scallions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- Salt the zucchini with about 1 teaspoon of salt. Try to remove the excess moisture from the zucchini by either squeezing the liquid out with paper towels or putting the zucchini in a colander set in the sink to let it drain for 10 minutes after salting it.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl; add the zucchini, flour, scallions, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix to combine well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook fritters in two batches. Drop six mounds of batter (2 Tbsp each) into the skillet. Flatten slightly. Cook, turning once, until browned, 4-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, with sour cream or plain yogurt on the side.