Ramps and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
By July 10, 2012Published:
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
This delicious bruschetta from Kalen, Lucky Dog Farms features ramps, a wild leek which comes into season only in March and April.
- 1 bunch ramps washed and roots trimmed
- 8 ounces goat cheese plain or herbed, softened.
- 1 loaf bread (baguette or sour dough loaf), sliced in 1” slices
- Trim leaves from ramps, roll and chop into ribbons.
- Chop the ramp bulbs finely and mix with the leaves (should be about 1 ½ - 2 cups).
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil into ramps and toss gently.
- Toast the slices of bread under a broiler until golden.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese on each slice, top with a spoonful of ramps, and then salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.