Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 6 Belgian endive chopped
- 1 large radicchio chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons shallots minced
- Cook sprouts in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and transfer to a medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil and add thyme. (This can be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead. Cover sprouts and dressing separately and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing).
- Combine endive, radicchio, and shallots on a platter or in large shallow bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat lightly. Mix the sprouts with remaining dressing and mound on top of the salad.