Butternut Squash Soup
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
A simple and wonderful stew featuring the warms flavors of butternut squash and cumin, from Mary Marx.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Ground cumin to taste
- Ground black pepper and Salt to taste
- parsley or cilantro to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the head down to simmer until the squash is tender.
- Uncover, raise heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until excess liquid has evaporated and the squash has begun to brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve