Chicken, Mushroom, and Leek Fricassee
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- 2 1/4 lbs chicken breast, legs, or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 lbs mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium leeks white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped or 3 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Ground black pepper and Salt
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken; brown. Remove chicken, and sauté the mushrooms, leek and tarragon in pan until soft.
- Add chicken back to pan, along with the wine and cream. Reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet; simmer until chicken is cooked through. Uncover; simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, a few minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and serve.