Roasted Leeks with Garlic Cream and Fresh Herbs
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
A rich and creamy side dish that will warm the cold winter nights.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 medium leeks (light green adn white parts only), halved and sliced crosswise into 1/2 pieces
- 10 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine dry is best
- 1 cup broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs parsley, thyme, and basil recommended
- Ground black pepper and Salt
- Melt the butter and oil, mix in salt and pepper, and pour into an oven-safe casserole pan. Add the leeks, turning gently to coat in oil and butter. Pour some of the broth over the leeks. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and roast at 350 until the leeks soften. About 20-30 minutes. The leeks should be very soft but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, combine heavy cream, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Add some broth and simmer to let the garlic cream thicken. Turn off the heat and cover after the cream has thickened slightly.
- When the leeks are ready, take them out of the oven. Stir the fresh herbs into the garlic cream and pour all of it over the leeks. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- This makes a great side dish by itself or a main course over pasta.