Simple Winter Pasta with Greens
By July 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
a yummy, quick, and easy recipe for the dark months of the year.
- 3 cups greens kale, spinach, or arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 box pasta
- handful toasted walnuts
- Set a pot of water for pasta to boil.
- Sauté shallots in olive oil for several minutes, until they start to brown around the edges and area a little crispy. Add the garlic. After sautéing them together for a few minutes, add the broth and stir. Then add the chopped toasted walnuts.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens slightly then add the greens. Cover and remove from the heat while the pasta cooks.
- Strain the pasta and turn the heat back on the sauce. Mix in the pasta over medium-low heat a few spoonfulls at a time until the pasta has been added and the greens are wilted. Serve immediately.