Goat Chops and Potatoes with Olives, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese
By July 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
A recipes from Bon Appetit (May 1998) which features goat meat, available at the Cooperstown Farmers' Market.
- 3 large potatoes cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 1 inch thick goat chops (about 2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives chopped and pitted
- For garnish: fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450. Press garlic and half the rosemary onto the both sides of the goat chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine potatoes, olive, and remaining rosemary on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the goat chops on both side, 30 seconds per side. Arrange goat on baking sheet next to potatoes and roast until the potatoes are tender and the goat is cooked to desired doneness, about 18 minutes for medium-rare. Toss potatoes with feta and olives and mound on a platter. Surround with goat chops. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.