Roasted Beets, Carrots, and Turnips
By July 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
A yummy mixture of fall root vegetables in a balsamic vinegar and fresh herb glaze.
- 4 beets chopped
- 6-8 small turnips chopped
- 8-10 small carrots chopped
- 1 small or two very small onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced, 1 separated
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon walnuts chopped
- Olive Oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper and Salt
- Put the beets, turnips, carrots, onion, and 2 cloves of garlic in an 8 inch oven dish and toss with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Roast at 400 until somewhat soft.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine the parsley, remaining garlic, and walnuts in a saucepan. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and a teaspoon balsamic vinegar (or more if you like). Cook over very low heat for several minutes then set aside
- When the veggies are ready, pour the glaze over the top, stir a little, and serve immediately.