Asparagus Salad with Egg
By July 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Closet Cooking
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb asparagus
- Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- handful fresh herbs parsley or chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover eggs in water, bring to a boil, and turn off heat. Cover; let sit for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in boiling water until it just turns bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Run the asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Shell the egg and force through a sieve with medium-sized holes.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss the asparagus in the dressing and plate it, topping with the remaining dressing and egg. Garnish with herbs