Fried Eggs with Ramps and Bacon
By July 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Ramps, a wild leek available only in late March and April, are a seasonal delight. A typically Southern dish, ramps with fried eggs are a classic. This recipe is from closetcooking.com
- 4 slices bacon cut into small pieces
- 8 ramps trimmed and cleaned
- 2 eggs
- Ground black pepper and Salt to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, about 8-10 minutes, and set aside leaving the grease in the pan.
- Add the ramps and sauté until tender and slightly golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, and set aside with the bacon.
- Crack the eggs in the pan and cook until the whites are set and the bottom is slightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve the eggs with the bacon and sautéed ramps on the side and season everything with salt, pepper and chili pepper flakes to taste.