By July 24, 2012Published:
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Another way to enjoy ramps, a wild leek which comes into season only in March and April. Recipe courtesy of Joe and Jane Homburger
- ramps washed and roots trimmed
- a sprig fresh Mint
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- Clean ramps thoroughly.
- Place mint into a pint canning jar and pack ramps tightly on top.
- Heat to boiling vinegar, water, oil, salt and pickling spice.
- Pour into jar and tightly screw on cap.
- Eat fresh or process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- If you have several jars, increase the proportions of water, oil, salt, and pickling spice accordingly.