Asparagus, Fingerling Potato, and Goat Cheese Pizza
By July 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Recipe from epicurious.com
- 5 ounces potatoes fingerling potatoes are best
- cornmeal for sprinkling
- pizza dough ready to bake
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 Scallions thinly sliced, divided
- 1 1/3 cups mozzarella grated
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 8 ounces asparagus trimmed, each spear cut lengthwise in half, then corsswise into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Place potatoes in small saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Sprinkle with salt. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Cool. Cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sprinkle rimless baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll and stretch pizza dough to 16x11-inch oval. Transfer to baking sheet. Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush garlic oil over dough. Sprinkle 3/4 of green onions over, then mozzarella, leaving 1/2-inch plain border. Top with potato slices and goat cheese. Toss asparagus and 1 tablespoon oil in medium bowl. Scatter asparagus over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then lightly with salt and generously with pepper.
- Bake pizza until crust is browned and asparagus is tender, about 18 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Cut into pieces.