Chickpea and Spring Green Salad with Lemony Vinaigrette
By July 25, 2012Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
Recipe from localkitchenblog.com.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 3 cups spinach baby spinach is best, washed and dry
- 6 small ramps thinly sliced from bulb to green tops
- 3 medium radishes thinly sliced
- 1 ounce asiago or other hard cheese
- lemon zest from one small lemon
- lemon juice from one small lemon
- 5-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- generous amounts of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, spinach, ramps and radishes. Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest & juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Whisk well to combine and emulsify the oil. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, tossing as you go; stop adding when most of the spinach leaves are coated, but there is no dressing gathering at the bottom of the bowl (I used only about half the total amount of dressing). Reserve remaining dressing. Toss well and allow the spinach leaves to wilt slightly; add grated cheese and toss again. Cheese should dissolve into the dressing somewhat, making the dressing richer but without adding an overall cheese flavor. Taste and adjust amounts of vinaigrette, cheese, salt or pepper. Serve immediately; goes nicely with a crisp sauvingnon blanc and some crusty artisan bread.