Grilled Cheese with Green Garlic Butter, Tomatoes, and Avocado
By July 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 sandwiches (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Recipe from http://chezus.com.
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon green garlic minced
- 1 cup cheese Gruyere is best. Grated
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan. Stir in the green garlic. Set aside.
Lay each slice of bread onto the melted butter. Cook over medium-low heat, until lightly golden, about 2 – 3 minutes. Brush the non-toasted side of the bread with the green garlic butter. Be sure to get all the pieces of garlic onto the bread. Sprinkle both sides with the cheese. Let the cheesy pieces of bread cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Gently put one of the slices on top of the other slice. Sprinkle both sides with a little salt. Lightly press down with a spatula.
- Cook over medium-low heat until golden brown, and the cheese is melted. 3 – 5 minutes, each side. Remove from the heat. Gently lift the top of the sandwich off, and lay the tomatoes and avocado onto the melted cheese. Put the top of the sandwich back on and eat immediately.