Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote with Fresh Mint
By July 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of epicurious.com
- 3 cups 1/2 inch wide pieces of fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh Mint chopped
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, and ¼ cup water in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Simmer gently until rhubarb is tender but not falling apart, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in strawberries.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in mint. Chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- Serve the compote over vanilla or strawberry ice cream, angel food cake, pancakes, or waffles.