Sautéed Greens with Pine Nuts and Raisins
By July 26, 2012Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins golden are best
- 1 lb greens tough stem centers removed and discarded, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Roughly 1/2 cup white wine dry is best. Water can also be used
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan hot on medium-high heat and add the pine nuts. Toast them until they are fragrant and begin to brown. Once they are toasted, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and swirl it around. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add back the pine nuts, add the raisins and the greens and mix well. Sauté, stirring often, until the greens wilt and begin to give up some of their water, anywhere from 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little salt and red pepper flakes on the greens. Add the white wine (can substitute water)—use a little more wine if you are cooking collards, a little less if you are cooking spinach. Toss to combine and let the liquid boil away. Once the liquid boils off, remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.