Spinach and Cheese-Stuffed Portobello Caps
By July 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 mushroom caps (4 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Adapted from cookinglight.com. This can serve 4 as a main course or 8 as a side.
- 8 large portobello mushrooms caps only
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt divided in half
- 1 cup ricotta
- 8 ounces goat cheese blended evenly with ricotta
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3/4 lb spinach chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon and discard. Place mushrooms, stem sides up, on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- While mushrooms bake, combine ricotta, goat cheese, garlic, black pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring well. Gently stir in the spinach and bell pepper. Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps. Top evenly with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.