Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca
By July 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
A delightful and cooling summer drink from www.fureyandthefeast.com
- 1 1/2 lb watermelon cubed
- 6 cup water divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnish: fresh basil whole leaves
- Garnish watermelon whole cubes
- Combine watermelon, 2 cups of water and chopped basil in a blender. Blend until completely liquid, and let blender sit for 5 minutes to allow basil to steep.
- Strain puree into a 2 quart pitcher. Add remaining 4 cups of water, sugar, lime juice and ice. Stir to combine and taste, adding more sugar if needed.
- Portion agua fresca and ice into four glasses and garnish with basil leaves and watermelon cubes. Serve immediately.
- Season: Summer