Cucumber Yogurt Dip
By July 31, 2012Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
This yogurt and cucumber dip is based on a Turkish recipe and is lovely on bread, lentils, salad, or crackers.
- 3 cucumbers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups yogurt plain, goat's milk yogurt recommended
- salt and pepper
- Grate the cucumbers and drain off excess liquid.
- Finely chop garlic, oregano, and mint. Sauté in a small amount of olive oil for two-three minutes.
- Add the grated cucumber to the pan and sauté a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine with yogurt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add more yogurt and olive oil to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Season: Summer