Prosecco and Summer Fruit Terrine
By July 31, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 6 hrs 20 mins
- 4 cups mixed fruit fresh berries and peaches
- 2 3/4 teaspoons gelatin unflavored
- 2 cups prosecco Italian sparkling white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Arrange fruit in a 1 ½ - quart glass, ceramic, or nonstick terrine or loaf pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup Prosecco in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute.
- Bring 1 cup Prosecco to a boil with sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ¾ cup Prosecco and lemon juice, then transfer to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water.
- Cool mixture, stirring occasionally, just to room temperature.
- Slowly pour mixture over fruit, then chill, covered, until firm, at least 6 hours.
- To unmold, dip pan in a larger pan of hot water for 3 to 5 seconds to loosen, then place a plate over the top and turn upside-down moving the terrine onto the plate.