Fresh Corn Soup with Chili and Lime
By August 2, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
This wonderful and delicate summer soup is quick and easy to make, but full of flavor. Recipe from theviewfromthegreatisland.blogspot.com
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or olive oil for a vegan soup
- 1/2 large or two small yellow or white onions chopped
- 4 ears corn kernels removed and cobs reserved
- 3 red jalapeno hot peppers sliced, seeds and all
- lime juice from one line
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot melt the butter and sauté the onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the corn and peppers to the pot and sauté for a few more minutes. Add 3 cups water and the corn cobs to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 8 minutes. Add the lime juice, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the cobs and puree in a blender or a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pot to reheat and check the seasonings. Serve hot.