Tomato & Sweet Pepper Polenta
By August 2, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
This is a simple and delicious meal from eatingwell.com.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large sweet peppers diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2-2/12 cups prepared plain polenta crumbled
- 1 bunch Scallions trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno hot peppers minced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers brighten in color and are just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, cumin and salt; cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes start to break down, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Crumble polenta into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in scallions, cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Remove from heat. Serve topped with diced avocado.