Shipyard Galley’s Zucchini Muffins
By August 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 27 muffins
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Zucchini grated
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2-1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line muffin tins, or grease each cup.
- Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla till smooth and somewhat lightened in color.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, beating to combine.
- Add the flour, beating just till smooth.
- Add the zucchini, nuts, and raisins or currants.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about ¾ full.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 27 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, and after a minute or so gently tilt them in the pans, so their bottoms don't become soggy. As soon as you can handle the muffins, transfer them to a rack to cool.