Summer Salad with Fresh Corn, Tomatoes, & Cilantro
By August 7, 2012Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-2 small red onions chopped
- 1/2 head garlic minced
- 1/3-1/2 a jalapeno hot peppers minced
- 4 small carrots grated
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 ears sweet corn kernels cut from cob, but uncooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional: 1 cup chicken diced cooked
- Put all the veggies and ½ of the cilantro in a pan with the salsa and a small amount of olive oil. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the onions and garlic start to soften and the tomatoes fall apart.
- Add the can of black beans and stir to mix. Turn heat down low and cook for 10-15 minutes on very low heat, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile wash and cut the lettuce.
- Pour the beans and veggies over the lettuce and add the last of the cilantro, mixing as you go. Top with grated cheese if you like. Alternately, cool the beans and veggies and add to lettuce later.