By August 8, 2012Published:
From Molly Holtje, Surprise in Store
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 lb carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup colery diced
- 1 medium or 2 small green sweet peppers diced
- 1 medium or 2 small sweet onions diced
- 2 cups tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Saute carrots, celery, pepper, and onions in butter until crisp-tender.
- Blend the tomato soup, sugar, oil and vinegar together and pour over carrots.
- Marinate for at least 24 hours, stirring every few hours. Serve at room temperature.