Fresh Cucumber Tagliatelle
By August 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: About 24 tagliatelle (6 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- 1 medium or 2 small cucumbers
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 whole fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumber. Cut the cucumber into thin strips to form tagliatelles, avoiding sections containing seeds. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the chives (save 2 or 3 sprigs for garnish if desired).
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, the minced garlic, the salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cucumber tagliatelle and minced chives. Mix. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and prick each marinated cucumber tagliatelle on a pick, by folding successively right and left. Then arrange on a platter and add two tablespoons of marinade. Garnish with fresh whole chives.
- You can adapt this recipe with carrots or zucchinis (they just need to be lightly blanched).