Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar Balsamic Glaze
By August 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
- 4 not-too-ripe peaches washed and halved (too ripe and they fall apart on the grill)
- balsamic vinegar to taste, about a tablespoon
- brown sugar or Honey to taste
- Olive Oil
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- ice cream optional
- Drizzle peaches with balsamic vinegar and then sprinkle liberally with brown sugar. It’s best to do this about an hour before grilling so the flavors soak in.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush grill with a dab of oil. Place peach halves face-down on grill. Turn after 3 to 4 minutes, after they've given up the brightness in their color. Sprinkle flat side (now facing up) with more brown sugar. Remove after another couple of minutes, when they're soft all the way through when you poke them with a fork.
- 4Garnish with basil on and around peaches. Serve with ice cream or by themselves