Pasta with Kale, Lemon, and Garlic
By August 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- Lemon Juice from one lemon
- lemon zest from one lemon
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3/4-1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb box [asta shells or curly pasta
- 2 bunches kale stems removed, chopped small
- Pour olive oil into a large bowl and whisk in garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and hot pepper flakes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss in pasta and cook for 4 minutes. Add kale to pasta water and continue to cook until pasta is al dente, about another 5 minutes.
- Drain and toss immediately into bowl. Toss well to coat with olive oil mixture, and then add parmesan, tossing well.