Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts
By August 9, 2012Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20-25 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Recipe from www.ezrapoundcake.com
- 4-5 lbs broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets. Discard the rest. Cut the larger pieces with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets.
- Place the florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli, and drizzle with (up to) 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven, and immediately toss with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan and basil. Serve hot.