Winter Squash Casserole
By August 14, 2012Published:
- 4 cups mashed cooked winter or Delicata Squash Bake the squash whole then scoop out the inside
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar or less as needed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs.
- Fold in squash, nuts and sherry. Turn into a 1½-quart casserole dish and back until top is browning.
- If dish is shallow and wide, this will take 30 minutes, but if deep and narrow, allow 40 minutes.