Winter Squash for Pasta or Rice
By August 14, 2012Published:
- 1 lb winter squash such as Delicata Squash cut into 3/8 inch slices
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy skillet, toast the walnuts until you can smell them and they are beginning to brown a little. Set aside.
- Add oil to skillet and heat until hot. Stir fry the squash until it begins to brown and is cooked through.
- Add garlic, but don’t allow it to brown. Add rosemary. You may want a little more oil.
- Add walnuts, toss. Salt and pepper to taste before serving over rice or pasta.