Caprine Tortilla Soup with Goat
By September 10, 2012Published:
- 3 lbs goat meat
- 4 cups tomatoes diced, cooked
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes
- 4 cups corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 each green, red, and yellow sweet peppers
- 2 medium Zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 24 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Brown meat with onions, then put into crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chips and cheese. Mix well.
- Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, adding water as needed.
- Serve hot with cheese and tortilla chips.