Roasted Tomato and Onion Toast
By September 10, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
This is a perfect, to-die-for, dinner that is simple and absolutely delicious. The recipe was adapted from smittenkitchen.com.
- 3 large or 10 cherry tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces (cherry tomatoes can be halved)
- 4 cipollini onions ordinary onions can be substituted. Halve the tiny onions or if you use ordinary ones, quarter them
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 red sweet peppers cut into strips
- 1 can white beans
- 4 slices ciabatta bread or other light, bread with a good crust
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425. Arrange the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers on a baking sheet with a rim. Coat liberally in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes then remove the garlic and set aside. Continue to roast the remaining veggies for another 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and while it cools, toast the bread and quickly warm the white beans.
- Add the garlic back in with the rest of the veggies and combine them with the white beans in a mid-sized bowl.
- Spoon mixture over toast and eat immediately.