Lacinato Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad
By September 20, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
Groumet, January 2007. Inspired by an antipasto that's popular at New York City's Lupa, this substantial salad takes a hearty, rich green that's usually cooked and proves how delicious it can be when served raw.
- 3/4-1 lb lacinato kale stems and center ribs discarded
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Working in batches, cut kale crosswise into very thin slices.
- Whisk together shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
- Toss kale and ricotta salata in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Season: Fall