Farro with Fresh Herbs
By September 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 2 cups dry farro washed
- 2 small red onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh Thyme chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Cover the farro with four cups of salted water and cook over low heat for 30-35 minutes. Stir occasionally and taste for texture. The farro is done when it is slightly chewy but soft all the way through.
- While the farro is simmering, cook the onions and garlic in olive oil until both are translucent.
- When the farro is cooked, drain it and mix it with the onions and garlic, adding more olive oil, salt, and pepper as needed.
- Stir in fresh herbs and eat immediately.