Moroccan Spicy eggplant, tomato and garlic salad
By September 25, 2012Published:
- 3 eggplant
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tomatoes peeled, seeded, chopped, juices reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley for garnish
- Peel some of the eggplant skin and discard. Quarter the eggplant lengthwise then cut into 1" pieces.
- Steam the eggplant and garlic in a double broiler by covering it snugly for about 25 minutes until the eggplant becomes soft. Remove the garlic and cool. Squeeze the garlic from the peels and discard the peels.
- In a skillet or sauté pan heat oil, over medium heat and add tomatoes, garlic, paprika, cayenne or red chillie flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring until the tomatoes become red and pulpy for about 10 minutes. Stir in the eggplant and cook covered over medium heat, stirring and mashing the ingredients frequently for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.