Lazy Chiles Rellenos
By October 4, 2012Published:
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- 8 whole roasted green hot peppers peeled and seeded
- 1-1/2 cup Monterary Jack cheese grated
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Cut chilies in half and add a single layer of chilies on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Top chilies with half the grated cheese.
Repeat with another layer of chilies and another layer of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture all over the top.
- Place into a larger baking dish or rimmed baking sheet. Pour in 1/2 inch of water and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until completely set.
- Cut into squares and serve with warm corn tortillas!