Raw Tomatillo Salsa
By October 4, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
Recipe from Season 7 of Mexico - One Plate at a Time
- 4 medium tomatillos husked, peeled, and quartered
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno or 2 serrano hot peppers
- 1/2-2/3 lightly packed cups fresh cilantro chopped
- Combine tomatillos, garlic, chile and cilantro in a blender jar or food processor. Add 1/4 cup water and a generous 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process to a coarse puree. If using a blender, begin blending on low, at first pulsing to get the mixture moving evenly through the blender blades. Pour into a salsa dish and thin with a little more water if necessary to give the salsa an easily spoonable consistency.
- Taste and season with additional salt, if you think necessary. Serve right away.
- Season: Summer