Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Quinoa Recipe
By October 4, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Recipe adapted from 101cookbooks.com
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cups pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 teaspoons Honey for garnish
- Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in blackberries and cinnamon; transfer to four bowls and top with pecans. Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each serving.