Roasted Cauliflower with Onions and Fennel
By October 5, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Recipe from Bon Appétit | March 2007
- 1 medium head of cauliflower cored, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 medium onions halved, cut into 3/4 inch wedges, with some core still attached
- 2 bulbs of fennel halved, cut into 3/4 inch wedges, with some core still attached
- 8 small cloves of garlic unpeeled
- 15 sprigs fresh marjoram
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 425°F. Toss cauliflower and 2 tablespoons oil in large bowl. Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and sauté until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to rimmed baking sheet.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Add onion wedges. Cook until browned on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Using spatula, carefully transfer onions to baking sheet with cauliflower, arranging wedges browned side up. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Add fennel; sauté until fennel softens slightly and starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to same baking sheet. Scatter garlic and marjoram over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are caramelized, about 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.