Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Kabocha Squash
By October 10, 2012Published:
Recipe from crepesofwrath.net.
- 1-2 lb kobocha squash peeled and diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts washed and halved
- 3/4 cup red onions cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 sprigs fresh Oregano leaves removed from stems and roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the rind off of the squash, scoop out the seeds, and cube it. The rind is quite tough, so make sure you use a good knife and be cautious! Add the cubed squash to a large bowl, along with the cleaned and halved brussels sprouts, cubed red onion, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat, and set aside.
- Heat the balsamic vinegar and honey together until the honey has completely dissolved. Arrange your vegetables on a baking sheet, then brush the balsamic and honey over the brussels sprouts and kobocha squash. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the brussels sprouts and squash are tender. Sprinkle a pinch or two of freshly chopped oregano over the vegetables and serve warm.