Seared Sugar Snap Peas
By October 11, 2012Published:
Recipe from www.simplyrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb sugar snap peas strings removed
- 3-4 Scallions
- pinch sugar
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh Mint chopped
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan on high heat for 1 minute. Add the olive oil to the hot pan and heat it until it shimmers, about 1-2 minutes. Add the sugar peas and toss to coat with the oil. Sprinkle salt over them and toss again. Allow to cook, undisturbed, for 1 minute.
- dd the green onions and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. Toss to combine. Let cook for 1 minute. Toss and cook untouched again, this time leaving everything undisturbed for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the lemon zest and mint, then add black pepper and lemon juice to taste. Serve at once.