Turkey in Red Curry with Sweet Potato and Baby Bok Choy
By November 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Wondering what to do with all your leftover turkey after Thanksgiving? Try this yummy curry from www.healthygreenkitchen.com!
- 1 can coconut milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large to 2 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 1-2 cups broth chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup roasted turkey shredded or chopped
- 6 lime leaves
- 1 red or green chili pepper minced
- 1 bunch baby bok choi chopped
- 1/2-1 cup fresh cilantro or Thai basil, or a mix. Chopped
- lime juice to taste
- sriracha or other hot sauce
- Combine coconut milk and red curry paste in a wok or deep saucepan. Stir well to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly, add chopped sweet potato, and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of stock, palm or brown sugar, fish sauce, turkey, lime leaves, and chile pepper. Stir everything together, then continue to cook over medium heat for another 10 minutes. Test to see if the sweet potato is tender. If it's not, continue to cook until it is.
- Add baby bok choy and cilantro and/or basil. Stir to combine, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 3-4 more minutes until greens and herbs are wilted.
- Remove from heat and taste the curry. If it's too thick for you, add another 1/2-1 cup of stock. Allow to cool slightly: serve with a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice and some sriracha or other chile sauce drizzled on top.