White Bean Turkey Chili
By November 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
This great recipe for turkey left-overs comes from ourshareoftheharvest.com.
- 3 cups dried white beans
- chicken broth or water with salt
- 1 large or 2 medium yellow or white onions diced
- 3 cups cooked turkey roughly chopped
- 2 6 oz cans of chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Sort and rinse beans.
- In a slow cooker,combine beans and enough water + salt or stock to cover beans by 2 inches. Heat on high for 4-5 hours or until beans are tender to bite.
- Remove 2 cups of cooked beans and puree in a blender. Add back to slow cooker and stir.
- Check your consistency--it should be just a bit thinner than you'd like the final chili/stew to be. Puree more beans to thicken and add more liquid to thin. Doing this now will prevent your flavors from being off later.
- Add the remaining ingredients (salt and pepper to taste) except cilantro and stir to combine.
- Leave on low heat for 1-2 hours or until heated through and flavors are melded. Top with fresh cilantro.