Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash
By December 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from http://farmflavor.com/
- 3 acorn squash seeded and halved
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup apple brandy
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3 cups cooked wild long-grain rice
- 2 eggs yolks only
- 1 cup pecans toasted
- 1 cup gouda cheese grated
- 1 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash in a large baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add brandy and cider. Set pan over high heat and reduce until mixture is nearly evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool. Transfer cooled mixture to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Divide stuffing among prepared squash. Bake until squash is tender, about an hour. Serve warm.
- Course: Main Course