Gouda Mac & Cheese
By December 7, 2012Published:
This yummy comfort food from http://www.hardlyhousewives.com/
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 cups gouda cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted water, reducing the cooking time by 2-3 minutes (it'll be baked later). Drain the pasta and place and set aside.
- To get started on the sauce, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Once the butter is melted, add 1/4 cup of flour and mix. Stir it together until it's nice and smooth.
- Start adding the milk a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once blended thoroughly, add a couple of pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add gouda, then parmesan.
- Combine pasta and sauce thoroughly.
- Add to a greased casserole dish and top with your bread crumbs.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Season: Winter