Chicken Breast with Fresh Salsa
By June 7, 2013Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
Recipe from Epicurious.com
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium or 2 small tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper for salso
- Place chicken in a bowl and toss well with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning once. Remove the chicken from the marinade, then grill or broil 4 inches from the heat source, basting with marinade until slightly golden and cooked through, 3 or 4 minutes a side.
- Let chicken rest for 3 minutes. Slice each breast into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal and reform on two dinner plates; top with the salsa. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Salsa: Toss avocado in a bowl with lime juice. Fold in tomato and chopped cilantro. Season to taste.
- Season: Spring