Mini Goat Cheese Muffins with Red Onion and Rosemary
By June 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10 muffins
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/3 cup red onions chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 small pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium high. Add the onions and sauté until soft, 4 minutes. Remove from heat to let cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and yogurt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold to mix. Do not over mix.
- Add the onions and rosemary to the bowl; lightly fold them into the mixture.
- Evenly spoon the batter into 10 muffin tins.
- Nestle the goat cheese dollops into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve immediately.
- Season: Spring