Grilled Mushroom Salad with Arugula
By June 18, 2013Published:
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup shallots finely chopped
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb portobello mushrooms stems discarded
- 1/2 lb shitake mushrooms trimmed
- 3/4 lb chanterelle mushrooms trimemd
- 1/2 lb baby arugula
- 2/3 lb parmigiano reggiano shavings
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and shallots in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until combined.
- Reserve half of vinaigrette in another large bowl and add mushrooms to remaining vinaigrette.
- Toss to coat and marinate 5 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to another bowl with a slotted spoon, discarding marinade. Heat lightly oiled grill pan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then grill mushrooms in 3 batches, turning frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Transfer as grilled to a cutting board and cool to room temperature.
- Cut portabellas into 1/2-inch-wide wedges, then halve shiitake and cremini mushrooms and cut chanterelles (if large) lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Transfer mushrooms to reserved vinaigrette, tossing to coat, then add arugula, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Season: Spring